Monday 20 February 2012

Josquin Desprez - "Incessament livré suis à martire"

This time let's make a visit to our neighbour the XVth Century, with this overwhelming song of desperation, composed by Josquin Desprez.







Version for karaoke:








Text and translations:

"Incessament livré suis à martire
Triste et pensif tousjours mon mal empire
Ainsi dolent me conduit des plaisir
Celle qui peut ne me veult secourir
Mon malheur est de tous autres le pire."


"Unablässig bin ich dem Foltern ausgesetzt
In Traurigkeit und Nachdenklichkeit wird mein Unglück immer wieder schlechter
So leidend werde ich vom Lust abgebracht
Diejenige, die es kann, will mich nicht erlösen
Mein Unglück ist von allen das schlimmste."


"Unceasingly I am exposed to torment
In sad pensiveness I see my evil only worsening
It takes me mourner apart from pleasure
Who has it in her hands do not want to save me
My despair is the worst of them all."


"De continuo estoy entregado al martirio
Triste y caviloso, mis males empeoran sin cesar
Con tal dolor, huye el placer de mí
La que puede no quiere salvarme
No hay desgracia como la que sufro."




No comments:

Post a Comment